Last Updated: June 24, 2022
You must be at least 18 years of age to use our Services. If you are under 18 years of age (or the age of legal majority where you live), you may use our Services only under the supervision of a parent or legal guardian who agrees to be bound by these Terms. If you are a parent or legal guardian of a user under the age of 18 (or the age of legal majority), you agree to be fully responsible for the acts or omissions of such user in relation to our Services. If you use our Services on behalf of another person or entity, (a) all references to “you” throughout these Terms will include that person or entity, (b) you represent that you are authorized to accept these Terms on that person’s or entity’s behalf, and (c) in the event you or the person or entity violates these Terms, the person or entity agrees to be responsible to us.
2. Prohibited Conduct
(a) You will not violate any applicable law, contract, intellectual property right, or other third-party right or commit a tort, and you are solely responsible for your conduct while using our Services, which for purposes of this Section 2, includes any products or services offered by our third-party providers in connection with the Services. You will not:
- Engage in any harassing, threatening, intimidating, predatory or stalking conduct;
- Use or attempt to use another user’s account without authorization from that user and Trailborn;
- Impersonate or post on behalf of any person or entity or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Sell, resell or commercially use our Services;
- Copy, reproduce, distribute, publicly perform or publicly display all or portions of our Services, except as expressly permitted by us or our licensors;
- Modify our Services, remove any proprietary rights notices or markings, or otherwise make any derivative works based upon our Services;
- Use our Services other than for their intended purpose and in any manner that could interfere with, disrupt, negatively affect or inhibit other users from fully enjoying our Services or that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the functioning of our Services in any manner;
- Reverse engineer any aspect of our Services or do anything that might discover source code or bypass or circumvent measures employed to prevent or limit access to any part of our Services or any third-party services provided in connection therewith;
- Use any data mining, robots or similar data gathering or extraction methods designed to scrape or extract data from our Services;
- Develop or use any applications that interact with our Services without our prior written consent;
- Send, distribute, or post spam, unsolicited or bulk commercial electronic communications, chain letters, or pyramid schemes;
- Bypass or ignore instructions contained in our robots.txt file; or
- Use our Services for any illegal or unauthorized purpose, or engage in, encourage or promote any activity that violates these Terms.
(b) You may not create, post, store, or share any content on the Services:
- Enforcement of this Section 2 is solely at Trailborn’s discretion, and failure to enforce this section in some instances does not constitute a waiver of our right to enforce it in other instances. In addition, this Section 2 does not create any private right of action on the part of any third party or any reasonable expectation that the Services will not contain any content that is prohibited by such rules.
- Please note that parental control protections (such as computer hardware, software or filtering services) may be commercially available to assist you in limiting access to material that is harmful to minors. Information identifying current providers of such protections should be available at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_content-control_software_and_providers (last checked on the Last Updated date).
3. Ownership; Limited License
The Services, including the text, graphics, images, photographs, videos, illustrations, and other content contained therein, are owned by Trailborn or our licensors and are protected under both United States and foreign laws. Except as explicitly stated in these Terms, all rights in and to the Services are reserved by us or our licensors. Subject to your compliance with these Terms, you are hereby granted a limited, nonexclusive, nontransferable, non-sublicensable, revocable license to access and use our Services for your own personal, noncommercial use. Any use of the Services other than as specifically authorized herein, without our prior written permission, is strictly prohibited, will terminate the license granted herein and violate our intellectual property rights.
Trailborn, the Trailborn marks used in connection with our properties, restaurants, and stores, and our logos, our product or service names, our slogans, and the look and feel of the Services are trademarks of Trailborn and may not be copied, imitated, or used, in whole or in part, without our prior written permission. All other trademarks, registered trademarks, product names, and company names or logos mentioned on the Services are the property of their respective owners. Reference to any products, services, processes, or other information by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, supplier, or otherwise does not constitute or imply endorsement, sponsorship, or recommendation by us.
You may voluntarily post, submit, or otherwise communicate to us any questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, original or creative materials, or other information about Trailborn or our Services (collectively, “Feedback”). You understand that we may use such Feedback for any purpose, commercial or otherwise, without acknowledgment or compensation to you, including to develop, copy, publish, or improve the Feedback, including in connection with our products and services, in Trailborn’s sole discretion. You understand that Trailborn may treat Feedback as nonconfidential.
6. Third-Party Services
We may provide information about third-party products, services, activities, or events, or we may allow third parties to make their content and information available on or through the Services (collectively, “Third-Party Services”). Such Third-Party Services may include certain amenities offerings, booking services, experiences or other entertainment services, or restaurant reservations. We provide Third-Party Services as a service to those interested in such products and services. Your dealings or correspondence with third parties and your use of or interaction with any Third-Party Services are solely between you and the third party. Trailborn does not control or endorse any Third-Party Services.
Your access to and use of Third-Party Services is at your own risk. Trailborn does not make any representations or warranties of any kind regarding the Third-Party Services, either express or implied. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, Trailborn will not be liable to you under any theory of liability as a result of your use of the Third-Party Services.
We may make available payment services via a third-party payment processor. Your use of such processor’s payment services will be subject to a separate agreement between you and the processor. Trailborn is not a party to that separate agreement and will have no liability to you in respect thereof. Trailborn reserves the right to change the processor at any time or to cease providing access between the Services and the payment services offered by any processor for any reason whatsoever. If applicable, you hereby authorize Trailborn to accept, store, transmit, and deliver information and instructions on your behalf to the processor. You acknowledge Trailborn is not a bank, payment institution, or money services, and that any funds transfers facilitated by the processor is the business responsibility of the processor.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, you will indemnify, defend and hold harmless Trailborn and our subsidiaries and affiliates, and each of our respective officers, directors, agents, partners and employees (individually and collectively, the “Trailborn Parties”) from and against any losses, liabilities, claims, demands, damages, expenses or costs (“Claims”) arising out of or related to (a) your access to or use of the Services; (b) your Feedback; (c) your violation of these Terms; (d) your violation, misappropriation or infringement of any rights of another (including intellectual property rights or privacy rights); or (e) your conduct in connection with the Services. You agree to promptly notify Trailborn of any third-party Claims involving any Trailborn Parties of which you are aware, cooperate with Trailborn Parties in defending such Claims and pay all fees, costs and expenses associated with defending such Claims (including attorneys’ fees). You also agree that the Trailborn Parties will have control of the defense or settlement, at Trailborn’s sole option, of any third-party Claims. This indemnity is in addition to, and not in lieu of, any other indemnities set forth in a written agreement between you and Trailborn or the other Trailborn Parties.
- Your use of our Services is at your sole risk. Except as otherwise provided in a writing by us, our Services and any content therein are provided “as is” and “as available” without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, and non-infringement. In addition, Trailborn does not represent or warrant that our Services are accurate, complete, reliable, current or error-free. While Trailborn attempts to make your use of our Services and any content therein safe, we cannot and do not represent or warrant that our Services or servers are free of viruses or other harmful components. You assume the entire risk as to the quality and performance of the Services.
- We make no representation that local experiences or other services or amenities are appropriate or available for use at your desired property or location. Information about local experiences is not a substitute for in-person guidance by a qualified instructor or for personal experience gained in the company of knowledgeable and experienced outdoor recreationalists. You acknowledge that you could be seriously injured or die when engaging in some of the experiences presented on the Services and that you should receive professional instruction when appropriate. You assume all risks associated with engaging in any such experiences.
- If you sign up for local experiences, you may have the ability to exchange information with other users of the Services and arrange to meet each other offline. You understand that Trailborn does not conduct background checks of users or otherwise vouch for the safety of such offline meetings, and such meetings are held at your sole risk. You are advised to be careful not to accidentally divulge personal information about yourself, such as your name, phone number, or address. We encourage you to take precautions when interacting with other users, particularly when meeting a stranger in person for the first time.
- We may make information regarding specific programs, offers, or promotions, which we are conducting, available on the Services. Any such program, offer, or promotion is subject to the specific terms, conditions, and restrictions listed on the Services in connection with such program, offer, or promotion. We reserve the right to alter or withdraw any program, offer, or promotion at any time. Each program, offer, and promotion is void where prohibited by law. Please refer to and read carefully the terms, conditions, and restrictions included on the Services in connection with each program, offer, or promotion.
9. Limitation of liability
- To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, Trailborn and the other Trailborn Parties will not be liable to you under any theory of liability—whether based in contract, tort, negligence, strict liability, warranty, or otherwise—for any indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, punitive, or special damages, lost profits, or loss of or damage to property, even if Trailborn or the other Trailborn Parties have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- The total liability of Trailborn and the other Trailborn Parties for any claim arising out of or relating to these Terms or our Services, regardless of the form of the action, is limited to the greater of $50 or the amount paid by you to use our Services in the preceding 6 month period before the event giving rise to the claim.
- The limitations set forth in this Section 9 will not limit or exclude liability for the gross negligence, fraud, or intentional misconduct of Trailborn or the other Trailborn Parties or for any other matters in which liability cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law. Additionally, some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, you release Trailborn and the other Trailborn Parties from responsibility, liability, claims, demands and/or damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown (including claims of negligence), arising out of or related to disputes between users and the acts or omissions of third parties. If you are a consumer who resides in California, you hereby waive your rights under California Civil Code § 1542, which provides: “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him or her must have materially affected his or her settlement with the debtor.”
11. Transfer and Processing Data
In order for us to provide our Services, you agree that we may process, transfer and store information about you in the United States and other countries, where you may not have the same rights and protections as you do under local law.
12. Dispute Resolution; Binding Arbitration
Please read the following section carefully because it requires you to arbitrate certain disputes and claims with Trailborn and limits the manner in which you can seek relief from us, unless you opt out of arbitration by following the instructions set forth below. No class or representative actions or arbitrations are allowed under this arbitration provision. In addition, arbitration precludes you from suing in court or having a jury trial.
- No Representative Actions. As permitted by applicable law, you and Trailborn agree that any dispute arising out of or related to these Terms or our Services is personal to you and Trailborn and that any dispute will be resolved solely through individual action, and will not be brought as a class arbitration, class action or any other type of representative proceeding.
- Arbitration of Disputes. Except for small claims disputes in which you or Trailborn seeks to bring an individual action in small claims court located in the county of your billing address or disputes in which you or Trailborn seeks injunctive or other equitable relief for the alleged infringement or misappropriation of intellectual property, you and Trailborn waive your rights to a jury trial and to have any other dispute arising out of or related to these Terms or our Services, including claims related to privacy and data security, (collectively, “Disputes”) resolved in court. Instead, for any Dispute that you have against Trailborn you agree to first contact Trailborn and attempt to resolve the claim informally by sending a written notice of your claim (“Notice”) to Trailborn by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by certified mail addressed to 228 Park Ave S, Suite 35792, New York, NY 10003, Attn: Dispute Notice. The Notice must (i) include your name, residence address, email address, and telephone number; (ii) describe the nature and basis of the Dispute; and (iii) set forth the specific relief sought. Our notice to you will be similar in form to that described above. If you and Trailborn cannot reach an agreement to resolve the Dispute within thirty (30) days after such Notice is received, then either party may submit the Dispute to binding arbitration administered by JAMS or, under the limited circumstances set forth above, in court. All Disputes submitted to JAMS will be resolved through confidential, binding arbitration before one arbitrator. Arbitration proceedings will be held in New York, New York unless you are a consumer, in which case you may elect to hold the arbitration in your county of residence. For purposes of this Section 12, a “consumer” means a person using the Services for personal, family, or household purposes. You and Trailborn agree that Disputes will be held in accordance with the JAMS Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures (“JAMS Rules”). The most recent version of the JAMS Rules are available on the JAMS website and are hereby incorporated by reference. You either acknowledge and agree that you have read and understand the JAMS Rules or waive your opportunity to read the JAMS Rules and waive any claim that the JAMS Rules are unfair or should not apply for any reason.
- You and Trailborn agree that these Terms affect interstate commerce and that the enforceability of this Section 12 will be substantively and procedurally governed by the Federal Arbitration Act, 9 U.S.C. § 1, et seq. (the “FAA”), to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law. As limited by the FAA, these Terms and the JAMS Rules, the arbitrator will have exclusive authority to make all procedural and substantive decisions regarding any Dispute and to grant any remedy that would otherwise be available in court, including the power to determine the question of arbitrability. The arbitrator may conduct only an individual arbitration and may not consolidate more than one individual’s claims, preside over any type of class or representative proceeding, or preside over any proceeding involving more than one individual.
- The arbitration will allow for the discovery or exchange of non-privileged information relevant to the Dispute. The arbitrator, Trailborn, and you will maintain the confidentiality of any arbitration proceedings, judgments, and awards, including information gathered, prepared, and presented for purposes of the arbitration or related to the Dispute(s) therein. The arbitrator will have the authority to make appropriate rulings to safeguard confidentiality, unless the law provides to the contrary. The duty of confidentiality does not apply to the extent that disclosure is necessary to prepare for or conduct the arbitration hearing on the merits, in connection with a court application for a preliminary remedy or in connection with a judicial challenge to an arbitration award or its enforcement, or to the extent that disclosure is otherwise required by law or judicial decision.
- You and Trailborn agree that for any arbitration you initiate, you will pay the filing fee (up to a maximum of $250 if you are a consumer), and Trailborn will pay the remaining JAMS fees and costs. For any arbitration initiated by Trailborn, Trailborn will pay all JAMS fees and costs. You and Trailborn agree that the state or federal courts of New York, New York, U.S.A have exclusive jurisdiction over any appeals and the enforcement of an arbitration award.
- Any Dispute must be filed within one year after the relevant claim arose; otherwise, the Dispute is permanently barred, which means that you and Trailborn will not have the right to assert the claim.
- You have the right to opt out of binding arbitration within 30 days of the date you first accepted the terms of this Section 12 by certified mail addressed to 228 Park Ave S, Suite 35792, New York, NY 10003, Attn: Binding Arbitration Opt-Out. In order to be effective, the opt-out notice must include your full name and address and clearly indicate your intent to opt out of binding arbitration. By opting out of binding arbitration, you are agreeing to resolve Disputes in accordance with Section 13.
- If any portion of this Section 12 is found to be unenforceable or unlawful for any reason, (i) the unenforceable or unlawful provision shall be severed from these Terms; (ii) severance of the unenforceable or unlawful provision shall have no impact whatsoever on the remainder of this Section 12 or the parties’ ability to compel arbitration of any remaining claims on an individual basis pursuant to this Section 12; and (iii) to the extent that any claims must therefore proceed on a class, collective, consolidated, or representative basis, such claims must be litigated in a civil court of competent jurisdiction and not in arbitration, and the parties agree that litigation of those claims shall be stayed pending the outcome of any individual claims in arbitration. Further, if any part of this Section 12 is found to prohibit an individual claim seeking public injunctive relief, that provision will have no effect to the extent such relief is allowed to be sought out of arbitration, and the remainder of this Section 12 will be enforceable.
13. Governing Law and Venue
Any dispute arising from these Terms and your use of the Services will be governed by and construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of New York, except to the extent preempted by U.S. federal law, without regard to conflict of law rules or principles (whether of New York or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any other jurisdiction. Any dispute between the parties that is not subject to arbitration or cannot be heard in small claims court will be resolved in the state or federal courts of New York, New York.
14. Travel Destinations
Travel to certain destinations may involve greater risk than others. We urge you to review travel prohibitions, warnings, announcements, and advisories issued by the United States Government prior to booking travel to international destinations. Information on conditions in various countries and the level of risk associated with travel to particular international destinations can be found at www.state.gov, www.tsa.gov, www.dot.gov, www.faa.gov, www.cdc.gov, www.treas.gov/ofac, and www.customs.gov. We are not responsible for any information provided by these websites.
NEITHER WE, NOR ANY OTHER PROPERTY OWNERS OR PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES RELATED TO THE SERVICES REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT TRAVEL TO, OR ACCOMMODATIONS IN, DESTINATIONS WHERE SERVICES ARE OFFERED IS ADVISABLE OR WITHOUT RISK, AND NONE OF US ARE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OR LOSSES THAT MAY RESULT FROM TRAVEL TO, OR STAYING IN, SUCH DESTINATIONS.
15. General Terms for Reservations
In addition to the other terms and conditions specified on the Services regarding our properties, the following general terms and conditions apply to reservations booked through the Services.
- Cancellation policies and other information about specific room reservations and properties may vary by property and by the type of reservation. Individual rate rules, tax information, applicable charges and cancellation policies are displayed in the booking engine section of the Services, once you have entered check-in dates and selected a room type.
- If you plan to travel with your pet, we recommend that you confirm directly with the property that they do allow pets. Trailborn accepts NO RESPONSIBILITY for an individual property’s pet policy.
- Reservations made by one or more individuals or by an agency through the Services, on behalf of one or more proposed guests, and involving more than ten (10) rooms at the same property for the same period of stay, must be directly through the property. If more than ten (10) rooms at the same property for the same period of stay are booked through any other method, we reserve the right to impose additional requirements on such reservations.
- Requests for specific features such as bedding type or non-smoking rooms are simply requests, and while most properties will strive to honor your requests, neither we nor the property guarantee that your request will be honored.
- Some rates have special requirements such as AAA membership or proof of age at check-in. Verify that you qualify for the rate that you have booked. Properties are not obligated to honor this rate if you do not provide proof of qualification at check-in.
16. Modifying and Terminating our Services
We reserve the right to modify our Services or to suspend or stop providing all or portions of our Services at any time. You also have the right to stop using our Services at any time. We are not responsible for any loss or harm related to your inability to access or use our Services.
17. Additional Terms; Changes to These Terms and the Services
- We may supply different or additional terms in relation to some of our Services, and those different or additional terms become part of your agreement with us if you use those Services. If there is a conflict between these Terms and the additional terms, the additional terms will control for that conflict.
- We may make changes to these Terms from time to time. If we make changes, we may provide you with notice of such changes, such as by sending an email, providing a notice through our Services, or updating the date at the top of these Terms. Unless we say otherwise in our notice, the amended Terms will be effective immediately, and your continued use of our Services after we provide such notice will confirm your acceptance of the changes. If you do not agree to the amended Terms, you must stop using our Services.
If any provision or part of a provision of these Terms is unlawful, void or unenforceable, that provision or part of the provision is deemed severable from these Terms and does not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
19. General Terms
- The failure of Trailborn to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not operate as a waiver of such right or provision.
- These Terms reflect the entire agreement between the parties relating to the subject matter hereof and supersede all prior agreements, representations, statements and understandings of the parties.
- The section titles in these Terms are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. Use of the word “including” will be interpreted to mean “including without limitation.”
- Except as otherwise provided herein, these Terms are intended solely for the benefit of the parties and are not intended to confer third-party beneficiary rights upon any other person or entity.
- You agree that communications and transactions between us may be conducted electronically.
- Under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, California consumers are entitled to the following specific consumer rights notice: The Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs may be contacted in writing at 1625 N. Market Blvd., Suite N-112, Sacramento, California 95834, or by telephone at 1 (800) 952-5210.