Last Updated: June 24, 2022
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information directly from you when you sign up for marketing communications from us, create a hotel reservation with us on our Services or over the phone, book additional services related to your reservation such as spa services, local experiences, or other entertainment services, or make a reservation at one of our restaurants. The types of information about you that we collect include your name, phone number, email address, mailing address, passport number, driver’s license number, billing address, payment information, and any other information you choose to provide. Additionally, if you make a purchase, we work with third-party payment processors to collect and process your payment information (e.g., credit card or bank account), including Google Pay and Apple Pay.
We collect information you provide to use about other people, including children, as may be included in a reservation or other booking. You are responsible for providing all required notices and obtaining any necessary consents from those other people as needed to provide us with such information.
Information We Collect Automatically
We automatically collect certain information about your interactions with us or our Services, including:
- Transactional Information: When you make a purchase or return, including when you pay for a reservation or service online and when you make a purchase inside one of our establishments, we collect information about the transaction, such as product or service details, purchase price, and the date and location of the transaction.
- Device and Usage Information: We collect information about how you access our Services, including data about the device and network you use, such as your hardware model, operating system version, mobile network, IP address, unique device identifiers, browser type, and app version. We also collect information about your activity on our Services, such as access times, pages viewed, links clicked, and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies: We (and those who perform work for us) use tracking technologies, such as cookies and web beacons, to collect information about your interactions with the Services. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count visits. Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are electronic images that we use on our Services and in our emails to help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, see the Your Choices section below.
USE OF INFORMATION
We use the information we collect to provide you with hotel reservations, restaurant, spa, and local experiences, and other related amenities and entertainment services. We also use the information we collect to:
- Maintain, improve, and develop new products and services, including to debug and repair errors in our Services;
- Personalize your experience with us;
- Send you technical notices, security alerts, support messages and other transactional or relationship messages;
- Communicate with you about products, services, and events offered by Trailborn and others and provide news and information that we think will interest you (see the Your Choices section below for information about how to opt out of these communications at any time);
- Provide and administer our loyalty program;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our products and services;
- Personalize the advertisements you see on third-party platforms and websites (for more information, see the Advertising and Analytics section below);
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes, and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards;
- Detect, investigate, and help prevent security incidents and other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity and help protect the rights and property of Trailborn and others;
- Comply with our legal and financial obligations;
- Create de-identified, anonymized, or aggregated information; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
We may share personal information in the following circumstances or as otherwise described in this policy:
- With vendors that access personal information to perform work for us, such as companies that assist us with web hosting, payment processing, processing and management of reservations or other bookings, local experiences coordination and management, fraud prevention, customer service, and marketing and advertising.
- If you choose to use integrations we offer on our Services, such as sharing your location through our Google Maps integration, we may share certain information with the integration partners.
- With select strategic business partners who provide goods, services, and offers that enhance your experience at our properties or that we believe will be of interest to you. By sharing data with these strategic business partners, we are able to make personalized services and unique travel experiences available to you.
- If we believe that disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- If we believe that your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, if we believe that you have violated the law, or if we believe it is necessary to protect the rights, property, and safety of Trailborn, our users, the public, or others.
- With our lawyers and other professional advisors where necessary to obtain advice or otherwise protect and manage our business interests.
- In connection with, or during negotiations concerning, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company.
- Between and among Trailborn and our current and future parents, affiliates, and subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership.
- We share personal information with your consent or at your direction.
We also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS
TRANSFER OF INFORMATION TO THE UNITED STATES AND OTHER COUNTRIES
Trailborn is headquartered in the United States and we have operations and vendors in the United States and other countries. Therefore, we and those that perform work for us may transfer your personal information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide levels of data protection that are equivalent to those of your home jurisdiction. Where required by law, we provide adequate protection for the transfer of personal data in accordance with applicable law, such as by obtaining your consent or executing Standard Contractual Clauses.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually adjust your browser settings to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that removing or rejecting cookies could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Trailborn by following the instructions in those communications. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.